In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what was i thinking

wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
[May27_002-1.jpg/img]

this is what i got my self into now. 100 of these little girls. they are almost 3 weeks old now. wish me luck

Comments

• quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is it? A phesant of a chicken or what..

Good Luck
  • wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they are red sexlink chickens.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    fresh eggs and meat for many

do you process?
    edited November -1
    i just got them for a hobby. will gather and sell eggs. will have better picture when my girlfriend comes over. this was taken from my cell phone. will try to get most of them in one picture. i dont care to eat chicken personally.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsm 325
    i just got them for a hobby. will gather and sell eggs. will have better picture when my girlfriend comes over. this was taken from my cell phone. will try to get most of them in one picture. i dont care to eat chicken personally.

Get a pic of your girlfriend while you're at it. [:D]
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    Never saw any like that. are they pullets?
    I have rhodies, browns and dominiques, all Pullets.
    theyre more like pets than anything. pets that give eggs!
    how much space do you need for 100 birds? someone told me 4 square feet per bird when I was building my coop. they seem to have enough room, they never complained![;)]
    edited November -1
    yes they are pullets. they are crossed with rhode island reds and white leg horn i believe. supposed to be medium size. i built a 10x16 shed and each one will have its own nesting box built on the wall.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:10x16 shed and each one will have its own nesting box built on the wall.

you only need about 20 nesting boxes. they share them and you'll notice they'll favor some over the others (even if theyre exactly the same!)
    I built them out of scrap plywood and each one is 12" x 12" square.
    was surprised to find that chickens like to roost, so I put some narrow "shelves" on the walls and a couple legnths of 1 1/2" pvc pipe.
    we got the rhodies because theyre great layers (brown eggs) the Browns lay white eggs and I don't know what the dominiques lay.
    fun pets. hope you have alot of friends who eat eggs!
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    bak-bak-bak-bak-bak-bacaaaak!